Saturday, September 13, 2008

TBR (to be read)

I feel like the huge, almost-toppling-over stack of hardcovers and paperbacks is a weight on my chest. It really pains me to see all these books, unread, never-been-opened. I feel like I should read faster. Typically, it takes me a day or two to read a book in such a way that I can pay attention to details.

Instead of doing a “Shopping Spree,” feature, I’ve decided to make a comprehensive list of all the books I’ll get around to devouring eventually.

1. Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by: James Patterson (For a review of the first novel, go here, and for the second, here.)

2. Lush by: Natasha Friend (I’ve always wanted to read her books, they’ve gotten such great reviews, and when this one went on sale, I eagerly scooped it up.)

3. TTYL by: Lauren Myracle (I, stupidly, thought this book would be easy to find. I’ve read Lauren’s other books; loved her collaboration on How to be Bad. It took me forever to find this, though!)

4. Tenderness by: Robert Cormier

5. Sucks to be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire (Maybe) by: Kimberly Pauley (Reviewer turned author? How could I not?)

6. Haters by: Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez

7. Who’s Your Daddy? by: Lynda Sandoval (This has been on my Want-To-Get list for ages. V. v. v. v. hard to find.)

8. The X-Files: I Want to Believe by: Max Allen Collins (I loved his work for the Criminal Minds novelizations, plus The X-Files is an old obsession of mine. I’m pondering dressing up as Scully for Halloween: Manic Panic red hair, alien baby and all.)

9. Now You See Her by: Jacquelyn Mitchard (She. Is. Amazing. Truly. I heard some negative feedback for this, so I thought I’d pick it up and see for myself.)

10. Boy Heaven by: Laura Kasischke

11. Dead Connection by: Charlie Price

12. Looking For Alaska by: John Green (No explanation needed. Nerdfighters is my oxygen.)

1 comment:

Stasia D said...

Tenderness is OUTSTANDING. I may need to give it a re-read!